Sunday, February 6, 2011

Rantings From Afar

My 18-month-old felt the need to "Amen!" everything that was said in church this morning. Needless to say, it was quite adorable, and carries the bonus of making us look like fantastic parents. I'm waiting for the day when he'll yell "I need to pee!" or something considerably worse and shame my entire family. It will happen.

In other news, I watched "Julie & Julia" last night since it's been sitting in the cabinet for months whilst I awaited a rare night sans husband. Girly movies bring out his more obnoxious qualities, so I've learned to bide my time until I can shoo him out the door and bust out with the chick flicks. But, wow, it was a really great movie! And now I can't help feeling that this blog should be more than just a random recipe or sale alert. I started out with such good intentions, but life has a way of sidetracking my best laid plans. So from here on out, I'll be getting back to my roots and diligently looking for ways to save my family (and you) money.

And this just occurred to me because I just bought diapers this weekend. So if you don't have a kid, scroll down now. Like tons of other moms, I bought Pampers Baby Dry overnight diapers because I figured they were the best. However, after much deliberation and hemming and hawing, the Big Guy convinced me to try the Wal-Mart brand diapers. They don't say overnight on them, but they say to compare to Baby Dry. Well, I was pretty flipping skeptical, but after several months of use, I would have to say they are as good if not better. I think we actually have fewer leaks now. And the kicker, a box of these suckers is about $6 cheaper. You should try them.

Okay, babyless people, pick back up here.

I came across a fantastic dessert that is the easiest thing in the world. The ingredients are as follows:
1 can pie filling (your choice, I've used cherry)
1 box angel food cake mix
That's it. I know! It's crazy. Just mix them together in a bowl and pour into a casserole dish. Sometimes I skip the whole bowl thing (who has time?) and mix straight in the dish. Stick it in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Et voila! It is oh-so-tasty and cheap. I believe I will call that frugalicious.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, this post cracks me up. That boy cracks me up! I'm looking forward to Ryan doing something cute like that :-)

    ReplyDelete