Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Best. Thing. Ever.

And I'm serious.

I'm a stay-at-home mom, so I'm afforded the luxury of making my guys a hot breakfast almost every morning. You know you hate me. And yesterday I found an amazing recipe that was easy and relatively quick and fantastically taste bud popping. I really wish I had thought of it, but I have to credit Jenna from Kid Appeal with a link: http://foodwithkidappeal.blogspot.com/2009/07/key-lime-french-toast.html
I'm sure there's a more attractive way to do that, but I'm not that savvy.

I try not to post too many recipes because I don't want to come across as pretentious, but this is more like a public service. People everywhere should be eating this.

Here's my abridged version of Jenna's recipe with the few tweaks that I made:

Key Lime French Toast

Make french toast batter like you normally would. I used 2 parts Egg Beaters to one part egg whites to one part milk. The secret is to add the zest of one key lime. I used a regular lime because America's Test Kitchen says it makes no difference in taste.

Now, on to my favorite part...
Again, I used regular limes. I made this while the first batch of toast was cooking. It was so good. Good enough to eat by the spoonful and I had to stop myself.

Key Lime Butter
3 tbl softened butter
1 tbl powdered sugar
zest of one key lime
juice of one key lime

Go make this and then tell all your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment