Monday, February 7, 2011

The El-Cheapo Fountain of Youth

I don't typically watch Dr. Oz, but I do love the man. He's smart, he's hip, he's an MD, and his name is Mehmet. I think mostly I just like his name. But I digress.

On his show yesterday, he showed how you can make your own anti-wrinkle cream with Sudafed and lotion. I didn't watch the show, but I heard about it, and apparently when he demonstrated on his lovely assistant's own eye wrinkles, you could definitely see a difference. Well, since we all know that magic creams always work under the gilt of Hollywood lighting, I decided to give this DIY a try at home.

So I crushed up a little red Wal-phed into a cup with the butt end of a butter knife, smeared the powder around with a little plain lotion I had lying around, and rubbed it into the tiny lines under my eyes. Since I'm looking down the loaded barrel of age 30, it's about time I get my anti-wrinkle on, but you all know I'm not going to drop any more than $10 on any cosmetic at any given time, and even that is a stretch. So needless to say, I was really hoping this stuff would work.

And guess what! This stuff works! I could still see some lines, but they were much less pronounced. So then I slathered that crap all over my face. It can't hurt, right? Miracles happen every day. And according to the good doctor, you can use this stuff every day with no side affects. So yay! Put that in your Truth Tube and smoke it.

3 comments:

  1. That's pretty interesting. My question is, since I would hate to have to crush that stuff all of the time, is how many days can you get by using one piece of Sudafed? If I ever think of it, I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I got enough out of one pill for about three days' worth. I saved what I had left into an old cosmetic jar, but a small baby food jar would work, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mother Lord would like the world to know that she is the source for this experiment. Ta.

    ReplyDelete