Saturday, November 12, 2011

Here I Am

I bet you thought I had forgotten all about this little blog, hadn't you? Nope, just biding my time. And somehow I have a few child-free moments, so if my thoughts seems jumbled, it's because I'm speed typing while my children scream.

Just so you know and don't accuse me of holding out on you, pretty much all stores have the baking supplies on sale, and there were coupons for sugar and such in the paper this week, so you might want to get out there and buy them if you plan on baking this season. And I do. Oh, I do.

Also, Publix has their giant turkeys on sale for 59 cents a pound, which leads me into a hot button topic for my family, musical turkeys. Every year, our respected matriarch buys several giant turkeys that she has no place to store and no intention of ever actually eating. I know. And then she calls around to see who has room to store them. One year I believe the bird in question was stored in my aunt's freezer and she ran out of space and had to cook it. Unfortunately my grandmother actually wanted the turkey back shortly thereafter and a frantic hunt for another turkey ensued. Fortunately in my family there is always another turkey lurking in the back of a freezer and a switcheroo was made. It was all very cloak and dagger.

So when I made my weekly trip to Publix and saw all the little old ladies hovering over the turkey cooler, I knew the holiday eating season had commenced, and that daughters everywhere are being called upon for their poultry storage capability. Or maybe it's just us. So what familial idiosyncrasies are you people hiding in your freezers?

No comments:

Post a Comment